Hey Chica! Not a morning person? I wasn't either. Mornings can be rough, especially when you have a busy week planned. That's why it's important to pay attention to what I'm about to tell you. These tips have really helped me turn my mornings around. So if you've ever wanted to be a morning person, nows your chance!
1. Establish a Routine - Starting your day off right starts with a routine. It may not seem important, but getting your body use to waking up at a certain time and performing certain tasks, can help to not only increasing your energy levels, but also maintaining them on a daily basis.
2. Get Enough Sleep - We live in a beautiful and busy world, a world where getting the proper amount of sleep can seem like an impossible task. We cook, we clean, take care of children, and work long hours, all while still being expected to maintain an entertaining social media persona. Needless to say, sleep isn't always a priority, but it is important, it not only affects our energy levels, but our skin, nails, mental function, and health as a whole. The average adult should get between 7 to 9 hours of sleep per night and unfortunately, caffeine is no substitute for a good night's sleep.
3. Be Consistent in your Skincare - Skincare is self-care and when our skin feels good, we feel good. Waking up with your favorite products can add a refreshing and revitalizing dose of energy to your day! Our personal favorites are our Colada Non-Foaming Cleanser & Horchata Facial Polishing Grains.
4. Eat Your Breakfast - Taking the time to have a healthy balanced breakfast can add necessary fuel to your morning routine. Make sure to fill your mornings with food that doesn't just taste good but also make you feel good! We like to incorporate superfoods like blueberries and avocado, to really give the mornings a boost of nutrition.
5. Exercise, It's the New Coffee - Whatever gets your blood pumping in the mornings, do it! If you're in a time crunch, 10 minutes is plenty. Just get up and move whether it's a quick yoga session or a jog down the street. Studies show that people who exercise have healthier habits and more energy. Exercising in the morning can have similar effects as coffee when it comes to raising your heart rate and giving you a solid burst of energy to start your day.